Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘The Athens Centre’ refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is at Archimidous 48 & Domboli 13, Athens, Greece. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, photos, videos and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited. Any request for permission of our content or images, or other use of our intellectual property not authorised under a subscription, should be made using the contact us form.
- The Services are provided solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may not take any material from this website and reformat, repost, or redisplay it for commercial purpose. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and an inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked website, its operator or content. We have no control over the contents or functionality of those sites and accept no responsibility for any loss or damages that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for any website outside the Athens Centre website, and such websites’ use will be subject to relevant terms and conditions and privacy policies.
The Athens Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information when registering to our programs, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to your registration
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Registration in our programs
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about our news, the schedule of our cultural programs or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
The Athens Centre only collects personal information that is necessary for one or more of its activities or functions as the Athens Centre and in providing a range of other services to its customers. Personal information may be used from time to time for marketing or informative purposes however, in all such cases, you will be given the option of not receiving further communications of that nature. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You must not use the website in any way that causes or is likely to cause the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and contents sent from your computer to us. You must use the website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website for any of the following:
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise carry out any unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing racist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringes any intellectual property rights,; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the international law, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or other relevant country
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any queries in relation to this policy or its administration or if you would like more details of what sort of personal information the Athens Centre, for what purpose and how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information or if you have a complaint about a breach of privacy then you should contact the Athens Centre on (+30) 210 7012268 or by email at email@example.com